Game Freezing with Graphics Card error

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
cmclark
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Game Freezing with Graphics Card error

Post by cmclark »

I keep receiving a graphics card error stating that it's been "physically removed" and then the game crashes.
At other times it simply freezes up and I hear the Windows sounds of a device being removed and then added again multiple times in a row.
This happens within a minute of playtime now (if the game even reaches to the main menu without a visual freeze on loadup).

I have the log attached. Please advise.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(12.84 KiB) Downloaded 34 times

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Game Freezing with Graphics Card error

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Rseding91 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:52 pm
Seniormetal wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:24 am
In a new crash it gave me the error message that my graphics card had been "removed or reset" what can i do about that? My drivers are up to date.
That means: the graphics card drivers crashed either due to a bad overclock, bad GPU hardware, or bad drivers. What to do about that is try to figure out what combination of those issues are happening.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Game Freezing with Graphics Card error

Post by Koub »

cmclark wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:56 pm
I keep receiving a graphics card error stating that it's been "physically removed" and then the game crashes.
Can you try this : viewtopic.php?p=507021#p507021 ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Technical Help”