[1.1.76] FPS\UPS drops when hovering on recipes in modded games

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
mgkrpvn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.76] FPS\UPS drops when hovering on recipes in modded games

Post by mgkrpvn »

Hardware: Nvidia 3070, Intel i7-10700k

Steps to reproduce:
  • Get one or two "big" mods (SE+K2 in my case)
    • Open crafting menu
    • Hover over any recipe for 5-10 seconds
    While hovering FPS starts to drop until a certain point. Reproducable every time on my side.
    Debug menu when standing still:

Debug menu when hovering over a recipe:

Gui update feel like the most likely culprit, but couldn't find a solution.
    Tested on the same map with 3 other people in multiplayer with similar\worse hardware - only I had this issue, others had their "Gui update" peak at around 1-2 instead of 10.
    Gui update spikes on any map, even absolutely new one.
    Couldn't find a single mod responsible for this, seems like it gets worse with the increasing amount of recipes available from the mods.

modded save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y-l2ws ... sp=sharing
    factorio-current.log: https://pastebin.com/wyS6Z7hw

Would appreciate any help!

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.76] FPS\UPS drops when hovering on recipes in modded games

Post by FuryoftheStars »

This is most likely your issue:

Code: Select all

0.000 Program arguments: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Factorio\bin\x64\Factorio.exe" "--force-opengl" 
Seen numerous reports of laggy UI that has been traced to using opengl. Check see if you actually have the command switch enabled in a shortcut somewhere, if not, then try opening Settings in game while holding [CTRL]+[ALT}, then click the new option that shows "The rest". In here will be a "force-opengl" flag that you can disable.

If you didn't enable this yourself, then a crash at some point could have, in which case I also recommend reinstalling your graphics driver.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

mgkrpvn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.76] FPS\UPS drops when hovering on recipes in modded games

Post by mgkrpvn »

Sorry, the force-opengl is leftover from me trying different things. My issue began with opengl disabled, I've seen some people say that toggling force-opengl helped, but it does nothing for me. Tested right now without steam command argument and with flag disabled in the settings, the issue is still present.
factorio-current.log without force-opengl: https://pastebin.com/3W5rD8Qv
Also I've already tried to do a clean re-installation of drivers, didn't help too.

Return to “Technical Help”