How can I change the login password in the game?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Horatio
Inserter
Inserter

How can I change the login password in the game?

Post by Horatio »

Hello, I need help. I let my friend play factorio from my second account. The first entry was made by him and he set his login and password. I have no idea how to get access back? I can provide proof of purchase.

Horatio
Inserter
Inserter

Re: How can I change the login password in the game?

Post by Horatio »

Can you explain please. I will reset the password on which account? I have both steam accounts registered to the same email. I don't remember how the game account is registered? Was there an email address, if so, then I'll reset my main one - I don't need it. I need a second account. I only know the account name in the game.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Have you lost access to a steam account or a factorio.com account?

Horatio
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Horatio »

Loewchen wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:48 pm
Have you lost access to a steam account or a factorio.com account?
Factorio only. Steam account access saved. I can give the name of the steam account and the name of the factorio account I need to connect to. I can provide proof if needed.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing; did you purchase the game twice or only once and your friend played on the factorio.com account that is linked to your steam account?

Horatio
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Horatio »

Loewchen wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:59 pm
Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing; did you purchase the game twice or only once and your friend played on the factorio.com account that is linked to your steam account?

I bought the game on the main account and from my main steam account I bought the game for the second account. A friend made the first login and entered his data. At the moment I am authorized from this account in the game, he gave me this password, but I lost it and want to change it. Change username, password and email. To take full control of my account.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

If the factorio.com account you need the password for is linked to a steam account you can reset the password through your steam account here: https://factorio.com/reset-password-with-steam.

Horatio
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Horatio »

Loewchen wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:54 pm
If the factorio.com account you need the password for is linked to a steam account you can reset the password through your steam account here: https://factorio.com/reset-password-with-steam.

Thanks I'll know. He returned and answered my message and I was able to change the data.

Return to “Technical Help”