[1.1.74] Crash loading save "Active entities count doesn't match."

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
MadMax2182
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.74] Crash loading save "Active entities count doesn't match."

Post by MadMax2182 »

When i start my world and the game tries to load in the map the game will crash every single time. It only happens for that specific world and the none of the autosaves work either.

The log says there's an unexpected number of entities but i don't know how to fix it.
I saw another post like this and aparently this might be a corruption due to a bit flip but i don't know how to fix it.

Link to saved game: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1quU78W ... share_link
Mods: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(28.82 KiB) Downloaded 34 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.74] Crash loading save "Active entities count doesn't match."

Post by Loewchen »

You need to wait for a dev to take a look.

DarkShadow44
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Just to add, there is no way for anyone without the code (and probably quite a bit of knowledge) to do anything about issues like that. I wish I could help, but unless it's a modded issue, no dice.
Do you keep previous saves? I personally always save once in a while under a new name, to prevent issues like this completely breaking my save. If you're feeling paranoid, you can load the save afterwards to make sure it's okay. Still, I hope devs can recover your save, it always sucks to lose progress.

MadMax2182
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MadMax2182 »

DarkShadow44 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:33 pm
Just to add, there is no way for anyone without the code (and probably quite a bit of knowledge) to do anything about issues like that. I wish I could help, but unless it's a modded issue, no dice.
Do you keep previous saves? I personally always save once in a while under a new name, to prevent issues like this completely breaking my save. If you're feeling paranoid, you can load the save afterwards to make sure it's okay. Still, I hope devs can recover your save, it always sucks to lose progress.
I have a save of the same world under a different name that's about 30 hours older than the one i posted but it doesn't work either. Not even the autosaves work.

DarkShadow44
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DarkShadow44 »

All with the same error? Does that imply that you played for 30 hours without ever loading those saves, or did they use to work?

MadMax2182
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MadMax2182 »

DarkShadow44 wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:36 am
All with the same error? Does that imply that you played for 30 hours without ever loading those saves, or did they use to work?
I'm sorry i just double checked and the 30 hour old save does work. But the 3 autosaves do not.

Return to “Technical Help”