Recover Blueprints from v1.0.0 (says: v0.15!) to v1.1

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
vangrunz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Recover Blueprints from v1.0.0 (says: v0.15!) to v1.1

Post by vangrunz »

Hello,

the following problem:
I was playing the standalone version v1.0.0 (build 54889) in a dedicated directory.
Then I've created a new directory with v1.1.74 (build 60256).

I've copied in the root directory from v1.0.0 all *.dat files to v1.1.74. There were no blueprints. The blueprint-storage-backup.dat is much larger than blueprint-storage.dat. In a forum I've read that the backup.dat needs to be renamed to its variant without "-backup" string. If I do so, the game tells me on load of my freshly new savegame the following error message:

"Loading blueprint storage failed: Map version 0.15.40-0 (quality) cannot be loaded because it is lower than the minimum input version (0.18.0-0).. Backing up current storage to *\Factorio Standalone v1.1.74\blueprint-storage-backup.dat."

Is there a way to keep my old blueprints, or do I have to create them all new?
Can I convert them?

Thanks in advance.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Recover Blueprints from v1.0.0 (says: v0.15!) to v1.1

Post by Loewchen »

Insert the library file into a 1.0.0 installation, if there is no error, edit any blueprint in your library and then move the file to your 1.1 installation. If you get the same error in 1.0.0, start with a 0.17 installation into 1.0 into 1.1.

vangrunz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by vangrunz »

Got another trick to manage it (seems to be saved into the save game file):

- Copy Savegame from v1.0.0 to v1.1.74
- Sync Mods to load
- Transfer Blueprints from "Game Blueprints" (of what you could say they're global) to "My Blueprints"
- Quit old save game
- Start new (save) game

blueprint-storage.dat is now much larger (~630 kb) than old blueprint-storage-backup.dat (~98 kb).

If there're any other hints how to backup & convert blueprints at all they're appreciated.

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tertius »

You have 2 storages for blueprints. One is global ("My Blueprints" category) and one is save-specific ("Game Blueprints" category).
Seems a valid way to move all blueprints from "My Blueprints" to "Game Blueprints", then upgrade the save, then move the blueprints back to "My Blueprints" to have them globally available again.

You can also create one single blueprint book and move every blueprint and blueprint book into it. Then export this single blueprint book as exchange code and save it to disk. As long as the blueprint exchange code format doesn't change, it should be loadable by any other save. Can be seen as kind of alternative backup in addition to backup the game version specific blueprint-storage.dat.

Return to “Technical Help”