[1.1.72] Game gets fatal error after random time

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Starmetal
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.72] Game gets fatal error after random time

Post by Starmetal »

Hello, my game keeps on crashing while I play (Screenshot1 and "previous.log"), or even if I just stay in the main menu (Screenshot2 and latest.log).
I already updated my graphics driver.
I can duplicate the error if I just play the game some time or let the main menu open long enough. I don't do something specific to cause the crash, it happens randomly.
stuff
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(48.36 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
factorio-previous.log
(47.1 KiB) Downloaded 26 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.72] Game gets fatal error after random time

Post by Loewchen »

Those crashes suggest a hardware issue.

Starmetal
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Starmetal »

ok, thanks for the reply.
I am currently reinstalling Windows to see if that fixes that issue, but if it's hardware, like you suggest, it will probably not work. Can you tell by the crash log what hardware causes this error, or is it not specified in the log?

Just got the error again, so reinstalling Windows sadly didn't fix the issue. Hardware problem it is :(

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Starmetal wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:17 am
Can you tell by the crash log what hardware causes this error, or is it not specified in the log?
Memory or CPU are by far the most likely. Try removing any overclock you might be using including XMP, you can also try to increase voltages slightly if you know what you are doing.

Starmetal
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Starmetal »

Ok, I looked into the BIOS and XMP was already disabled. I'm not overclocking my CPU or my RAM currently. So probably the only fix, I think, would be swapping RAM or CPU.

I just checked the individual RAM sticks with Memtest86 and found some errors on one of the sticks. So the crashes were probably caused by these errors. If anybody has the same problem, I can highly suggest checking RAM for problems with some program, like Memtest86, because the Windows-RAM test didn't show these errors.

Return to “Technical Help”