Low FPS/UPS

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
lampy0007
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Low FPS/UPS

Post by lampy0007 »

Hi I am really struggling with factorio I am running at 2 FPS/UPS

PC specs

3.50 gigahertz Intel Core i7-7800X
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB
32 Gig of Corsair CMR32Gx4M4C3600C18
Samsung LC32G7xT

CPU and GPU averages 18% usage whilst playing, Ram sits at a constant 31%

I have no idea why I have such a good computer and I am unable to get more thand 2 FPS/UPS... I have a multiplayer game I play with friends where I have nearly the same issue where I have low FPS/UPS then the server kicks me because my computer is to slow.

the base I have is pretty big though.......

ingame graphics settings
everything in general is ticked
sprite resolution - high
max render threads - 12
everything in advanced is ticked
video memory usage - all
atlas texture size - largerst possible
texture compression - high quality
brightness - 25
contrast - 4
saturation - 120
Attachments
stats.jpg
stats.jpg (1.8 MiB) Viewed 882 times
factorio-current.log
(12.86 KiB) Downloaded 50 times

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Low FPS/UPS

Post by Silari »

Entity update is extremely high - that's how long it takes to update all the things on the map and is pretty much just based on the size of your base as a whole.

Logistic Manager is RIDICULOUSLY high. Looking at your minimap I'm guessing you have a massive logistic network covering everything. That's making the game take forever to figure out what has to go where.

The game has 16.6666666ms to calculate everything in time to maintain 60 UPS. Entities alone are taking 105ms. Logistics are taking 225ms. Breaking up your networks should lower that last one down quite a bit.

Please keep in mind the two greatest factors for Factorio is single-core performance and RAM bandwidth. The game is multi-threaded but there are a lot of things that can't be efficiently multi-threaded, so you're never going to see 100% CPU usage on anything that isn't single core.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Low FPS/UPS

Post by Loewchen »

The minimum values are very low, is the performance constantly so bad or is it intermittent? Post a link to the save file. Check CPU temperature while the performance is bad.

Return to “Technical Help”