Factorio mod portal (in game and out) downloads throttled to 0 bytes/sec

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Lordclips
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Factorio mod portal (in game and out) downloads throttled to 0 bytes/sec

Post by Lordclips »

For some reason, starting a few weeks ago, mod downloads of sizes that are decently large (so basically, ones with lots of assets), start at around 1mbps then throttled continuously down till they stop downloading anything at all and then hang and fail. This happens constantly, and without fail, and only sometimes does using the website over the in-game portal actually make any meaningful difference.

I've checked numerous times and the problem does not seem to be my local network. I can download other things that take up megabytes of data with absolutely no issue, so I've all but ruled out it being a local network issue. I have no idea if there is a practical solution already found, since the words "Mod" and "Download" as well as "Slow" are fairly common, and the only other thread about slow downloads has absolutely no solution, so I'm at a loss for what to do.

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Factorio mod portal (in game and out) downloads throttled to 0 bytes/sec

Post by Sanqui »

Hello, sorry you're running into trouble with mod portal downloads. To help fix this, I would like to know if you encounter the same throttling and slow download when you use you browser to download the relevant mods from the web version of the mod portal at https://mods.factorio.com/. Thanks!
ovo

Return to “Technical Help”