1.1.59 Unable to log in, unable to update game or mods

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Z3roTollRanc3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

1.1.59 Unable to log in, unable to update game or mods

Post by Z3roTollRanc3 »

So recently I've started to receive this error message when I launch Factorio
factorio failed.png
factorio failed.png (9.27 KiB) Viewed 1553 times
This error message started popping up just out of no where, I hadn't changed anything settings wise both inside and outside the game, no new mods had been downloaded, everything was performing normally and then this starts popping up. My troubleshooting eventually led to a fresh install of the game, no mods, completely vanilla, and although I no longer get this message on launch, it now asks me to log in whenever I attempt to check for updates for the game or mods, only to return this very same error message instead of logging me in.

Z3roTollRanc3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: 1.1.59 Unable to log in, unable to update game or mods

Post by Z3roTollRanc3 »

:roll:
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(14.19 KiB) Downloaded 75 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

It can't resolve the hostname so check or switch your dns.

Z3roTollRanc3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Z3roTollRanc3 »

and I would do this how, exactly? As the matrix doesn't actually exist yet, I cannot simply download network technician knowledge to understand how to proceed with this information.

lyvgbfh
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lyvgbfh »

Z3roTollRanc3 wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:39 pm
and I would do this how, exactly? As the matrix doesn't actually exist yet, I cannot simply download network technician knowledge to understand how to proceed with this information.
Pick your favorite company from the following list and follow the linked instructions. If you encounter issues let us know.

Cloudflare
Google
OpenDNS

The OpenDNS guide has images to follow along with as well.

Z3roTollRanc3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Z3roTollRanc3 »

nevermind, figured it all out. Turns out, just as I suspected it had nothing to do with my DNS settings.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Z3roTollRanc3 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:26 pm
nevermind, figured it all out. Turns out, just as I suspected it had nothing to do with my DNS settings.
Can you share the actual issue and solution for anyone else in the future that may have the same issue and discovers this thread?
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Z3roTollRanc3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Z3roTollRanc3 »

if I come up with the solution I will, but as of right now it was an issue with the internet kill switch on my VPN client. They haven't responded with an explanation yet, but enabling this setting has recently started causing some issues like this one to come up after a recent update. This wasn't an issue before the aforementioned update and simply disabling it is all I have at the moment, which is not preferred IMO.

-=Update=-

Apparently it'll be "fixed" in the next update. When that will be, I do not know.

Return to “Technical Help”