[1.1.59] Save file failed to load: map.cpp loading failed Invalid bool loaded

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
IloThePyro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.59] Save file failed to load: map.cpp loading failed Invalid bool loaded

Post by IloThePyro »

What I did:
- Played the game as usual using the autosaves and also saving manually regularly. Saved the game one last time and then exited the game with no problem.
- Today I get on the game and try to load the game but it says "map.cpp loading failed: Invalid bool" in the log file. All 3 autosaves are also corrupted.

What should have happened:
- Game loads after choosing the save file.

This has happened to me before and it's really frustrating. Does anyone know what is wrong with the files?
I have attached the save files and the log file.
Attachments
Bungus.zip
(8.29 MiB) Downloaded 50 times
factorio-current.log
(5.55 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
_autosave3.zip
(8.25 MiB) Downloaded 54 times
_autosave2.zip
(8.11 MiB) Downloaded 51 times
_autosave1.zip
(8.28 MiB) Downloaded 37 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.59] Save file failed to load: map.cpp loading failed Invalid bool loaded

Post by Rseding91 »

IloThePyro wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 11:03 am
This has happened to me before and it's really frustrating. Does anyone know what is wrong with the files?
This happens due to memory corruption on your PC while you're playing. The corrupt memory then gets saved and next time it's loaded it's detected.

I recommend running something like this: https://www.memtest.org/

Additionally if you're running XMP on your memory, try disabling it.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

IloThePyro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.59] Save file failed to load: map.cpp loading failed Invalid bool loaded

Post by IloThePyro »

I see! Thanks for the heads up. I have had problems with my RAM in the past due to my motherboard (AORUS z690 PRO worldwide bios problems) Is there a way you could fix the save file? I will disable xmp and tell you how it goes.

IloThePyro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by IloThePyro »

I tried loading the save without XMP enabled and it still doesn't work.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

IloThePyro wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 4:31 pm
That won’t make a difference on being able to load the save. It should help make a difference on your memory stability and preventing this type of thing from happening in the future.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

IloThePyro wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 4:31 pm
It's not about loading the broken save, it's about not breaking it in the first place.

IloThePyro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by IloThePyro »

I see. I'll make sure to keep it off then. I really hope someone can recover my save file if possible, I have put a lot of hours into it. :(

KillroiP
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by KillroiP »

Were you able to recover your save files? The exact same thing happened to me.

Return to “Technical Help”