Unexpected Error occured

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
sepremento
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Unexpected Error occured

Post by sepremento »

I've decided to play Factorio after one year break and now this :(
Not a lot of info, just plain fresh installation on updated Steam on Ubuntu.
Logs included.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(1.46 KiB) Downloaded 43 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Unexpected Error occured

Post by Loewchen »

Might be a steam issue, try if the factorio.com version works.

sepremento
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sepremento »

Yes, indeed, I've downloaded and installed the demo version and it ran normally. But what can be done with Steam? I've already purchased the game there. Isn't there any other way besides buying it again?

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Silari »

sepremento wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:22 am
Yes, indeed, I've downloaded and installed the demo version and it ran normally. But what can be done with Steam? I've already purchased the game there. Isn't there any other way besides buying it again?
You can download the full version from the website if you've already purchased the game through steam. Make an account on the site and there are directions in your profile for linking your steam account to it - once that's done you can download the full version instead of just the demo.

If that works fine, then I would recommend uninstalling the steam version of the game, reinstalling steam, then reinstalling the steam version of Factorio.

sepremento
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sepremento »

Thank you very much! I've solved my problem by removing and purging Steam and all its folders and cache and then reinstalling it and Factorio.

Return to “Technical Help”