Performance - Game lags on 4k Notebook with integrated Graphics card

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
lumis
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Performance - Game lags on 4k Notebook with integrated Graphics card

Post by lumis »

Hi there,
I have the following issue:
I have a Notebook with a 4k screen (3840x1920), but with an integrated graphics card. Factorio works well, but I get max ~45 UPS (nearly the same for a long time: starter red science & burner base / late game with rockets)
Setting the screen resoultion to 1920x1080 instantly solves this problem and the game runs fluently until it reaches an UPS cap in the lategame.
This obviously is not an optimal solution, as it is a global setting that affects all other applications as well.
Simplest solution for me would be to have a toggle in the graphics menu, where I can set the resolution of Factorio manually. This should the apply to the game, when running it in Fullscreen mode.
(Playing with a smaller window to reduce the resolution is not really possible, as the Notebook screen is only 13” large).

Happy to provide further info about the device and my setup. Currently this much: Dell Inspiron 7386 running Windows 10.

Also happy, if there is already some kind of command line method to open factorio in a fixed resoultion window that I can use to play using my fill screen.

Return to “Technical Help”