How Big Can I Build

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
toprakkoyun
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

How Big Can I Build

Post by toprakkoyun »

Hello everyone,

I thought my question best fits this topic but if you think it needs to be under some other section I kindly request any moderators to move this topic to somewhere else. I would like to ask you a question that bothers me a lot since I would like to play this game to the fullest and build a gigabase at some point. I do not know whether I can do with current my specs. Given our current economic circumstances in Turkey, I am not able to build a new PC or replace some components of my laptop.

I will attach my specs as a 3 separate PNG files.
Attachments
specs3.PNG
specs3.PNG (6.49 KiB) Viewed 1529 times
spec.PNG
spec.PNG (8.5 KiB) Viewed 1529 times
specs2.PNG
specs2.PNG (6.37 KiB) Viewed 1529 times

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How Big Can I Build

Post by Qon »

Well, what do you consider a gigabase then?
Looks like you can get many KSPM with that. But what do it matter now, it takes a long time to get there and you can move your base to your next computer if replacing later. Why worry obout it if you don't even know if you will ever even get close to dropping frames before you get overwhelmed or bored or give up because you find inspiration for some other type of factory that seems even cooler?

toprakkoyun
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by toprakkoyun »

Qon wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:42 pm
Well, what do you consider a gigabase then?
Looks like you can get many KSPM with that. But what do it matter now, it takes a long time to get there and you can move your base to your next computer if replacing later. Why worry obout it if you don't even know if you will ever even get close to dropping frames before you get overwhelmed or bored or give up because you find inspiration for some other type of factory that seems even cooler?
I right now have played 650h on Steam and my current base (about 60hours old) is now transitioning to a megabase but I am at the beginning of this process. My point is that there will be a point where I will not be able to grow my base any further due to my specs. You are right about the time it takes to achieve like 15k science/min and I could just get bored of playing in the process, but right now since we are talking about the distant future and since I am my current self right now, the idea of not being able to push further in the future (which I do not know how far it is this "future") is very upsetting. Maybe I will get bored or maybe I will start over and try something else (like total spaghetti base), but right now I do not want to consider these possibilities and act or think accordingly (if I do, then what is the point of starting over since you know it will end at some point independent of your goal) since I have spent a lot of time growing and perfecting my current base. It is just like abandoning your baby and starting over with a new baby. I do not want this lmao :)

vjbone
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by vjbone »

Download gigabase and test your performance☺

vjbone
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by vjbone »

https://factoriobox.1au.us/ this website can give you idea about performance, scale and optimization

toprakkoyun
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by toprakkoyun »

vjbone wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:39 pm
Download gigabase and test your performance☺
If I cannot run it, then I cannot scale it down to test the real boundaries of my PC. Other than this, it is a good idea thank you

toprakkoyun
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by toprakkoyun »

vjbone wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:42 pm
https://factoriobox.1au.us/ this website can give you idea about performance, scale and optimization
I could not figure out how to use this sorry :/

Return to “Technical Help”