Spitter attack wave breaks sound playback

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Dragony
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Spitter attack wave breaks sound playback

Post by Dragony »

I assume there is some maximum simultaneous sounds and the oldest one will be stopped when a new one is started.

The problem is, when you are in theoretical hear range of a spitter attack wave (this means the sound is played, but you can't or can just barely hear it), it seems the "building destroyed" sound doesn't play at all. In reality it plays a few ms and will be aborted immediately. This is also true for player's gunshots. If you fire your machine gun, it doesn't (or just randomly) generate sounds.

Solution: Either ramp up simultaneous sounds or introduce sound priorities, so that spitters only interrupt other spitter sounds.

Oh... basically I just wanted to know if there is a solution already somewhere and I didn't find it yet?

Donion
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Spitter attack wave breaks sound playback

Post by Donion »

Off the top of my head I'm no sure how a sound that starts playing gets interrupted unless you go out of audible range. If you have a save or a clip with this specific behaviour, I'd look into it more.

In general, yes, with an attack wave you can easily hit the maximum sounds limit and there's nothing you can do about it.

We will address it and improve the sound mix, especially in combat situation, at some point.

Return to “Technical Help”