Late game lag, screenshots

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Ohz
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Late game lag, screenshots

Post by Ohz »

Hi,

You cant probably do anything but I wish you watch my debug info to tell me what really makes me lag, drop me to 10fps. I stopped rendering smoke from steam, clouds, and I'm in low graphic.
Obviously there is lot of stuff running, it's something like 40h game, but maybe you can point out something precise, like maybe I did a mistake ? Thank you !
Game running
Game Paused
I'm not english, sorry for my mistakes

Ohz
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Late game lag, screenshots

Post by Ohz »

I see 63% for only entity update. I think that means I have too many items on belts?
I'm not english, sorry for my mistakes

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

Ohz wrote:I see 63% for only entity update. I think that means I have too many items on belts?
An entity is also an inserter, robot, asembler pipes etc.
In this post from the developers(https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-82) there is a list with the most time consuming items in the game.
Last edited by keyboardhack on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waste of bytes : P

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

The worst offenders were belts and they are optimized for 12.

If you can work with a bit of screen tearing you can disable vsync in options.
Flip time is game waiting for next monitor sync to come to update screen. Without it you might gain a bit of fps - cost is the tearing mentioned above.

Return to “Technical Help”