High Wait for Update on headless server

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Mutzi100
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

High Wait for Update on headless server

Post by Mutzi100 »

Hello,
I am running a Factorio server on my Linux server. Everybody that joins the server has a huge Wait for Update (300ms) and has huge FPS/UPS problems.
My Pc is connected via Gigabit LAN with the server and I still have those problems. Everything else running on the server is working flawlessly and has no network problems. When my friend hosts the save on his Pc and I connect via Steam to it, I have no problems and consistently good FPS/UPS.
Does anyone have any ideas how I could fix that?

My Server Specs:
AMD Threadripper 1920X
2x 16GGB DDR4-2666 RAM
ASRock X399 Phantom Gaming 6 motherboard

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: High Wait for Update on headless server

Post by posila »

Mutzi100 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:02 pm
Everybody that joins the server has a huge Wait for Update (300ms) and has huge FPS/UPS problems.
Yes, everybody that joins can't keep up with the server, so their games are sacrificing rendering in favour of updates in order to not get dropped. You need slower server, or lower the game speed.

Code: Select all

/c game.speed = 0.8

Mutzi100
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: High Wait for Update on headless server

Post by Mutzi100 »

We tried that, but had to go as low as 0.1 to not get dropped from the game and that makes it unplayable. I suspect it is a network issues, because I can play fine and with game.speed = 1 when I join my friend, when he hosts it.

Return to “Technical Help”