Ore deposits flashing violently whenever on belt

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Yawnxer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Ore deposits flashing violently whenever on belt

Post by Yawnxer »

Hello there,

Whilst playing factorio yesterday, I noticed that my eyes hurt a lot unlike other games. Then suddenly realized that the ore deposits kept flashing whenever i was on a moving belt. Can someone help? I've uploaded footage below.

https://youtu.be/TI-M8Cd6Gzw
Attachments
2021-12-22 14-01-30.mp4
(3.85 MiB) Downloaded 48 times

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Ore deposits flashing violently whenever on belt

Post by Tertius »

Character moving slowly and watching ore deposits. They are not flashing for me. Neither I did see any flashing in your (low res) video, nor on my own machine with similar setups within Factorio. Neither with a 60 fps monitor, nor with a 120 fps monitor, nor with or without gsync. It's all just smooth and normal.

I once encountered a similar thing with a defective monitor: slowly and continuously scrolling provoked flicker. Not the fault of the thing scrolling, it was a defective monitor.

To see if you monitor has some kind of flaw with displaying smoothly moving things, the many different scrolling/moving tests from here might come handy: https://testufo.com/

Yawnxer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Ore deposits flashing violently whenever on belt

Post by Yawnxer »

Thank you for replying. I'm so sorry the video was low quality, my OBS has been acting up lately. Anyways, I've checked your link below and there was no ghosting or reverse ghosting. I've also tried updating my video-card driver which lead to no avail (Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, Windows 11). I also played around with my Graphics settings in the settings menu in Factorio, also to no avail. If anyone finds anything regarding this, please reply to this forum.

Return to “Technical Help”