repeated game crashes [1.1.42] and [1.1.44] -- Heavily modded

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
wlkrd1
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

repeated game crashes [1.1.42] and [1.1.44] -- Heavily modded

Post by wlkrd1 »

Hello! I've been running into multiple repeated crashes of Factorio doing various things, sometimes it's placing entities, sometimes it's changing circuit conditions.
I'm not sure what's causing it, but from what I can gather from the log file Factorio is trying to read from an out of bounds memory address.
I'm getting that notion from this line in the log file

Code: Select all

707.568 Error CrashHandler.cpp:498: Access Violation: Read at address FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Any Insights of what could be causing this would be greatly appreciated. I am fairly certain this is because of a mod, but I'm not sure which one.
TIA- wlkrd1 aka ComputerComa
As always, thank you Wube for an awesome game!
Attachments
sandbox.zip
Save File
(2.29 MiB) Downloaded 83 times
factorio-current.log
Log file
(25.59 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
mod-list.json
I can't upload a zipped file of my mods because it's too large (almost 1GB) so I figured the mod-list.json might be just as helpful.
(3.47 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Last edited by wlkrd1 on Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Favorite Quote

"If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?"
-- Albert Einstein

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: repeated game crashes [1.1.42] -- Heavily modded

Post by Loewchen »

Repeated crashes that you cannot reliably reproduce and nobody else experiences are usually caused by system instability, if you post more logs with crashes we can check if this is the case.

wlkrd1
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: repeated game crashes [1.1.42] -- Heavily modded

Post by wlkrd1 »

I think I figured it out. I turned atlas size down to 4096, reduced video usage from all to high, and changed the max render threads from 8 to 12.
It seems to be running more stable now.
I have two more log files of other times it crashed attached.
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(33.83 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
factorio-current.log
(49.4 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
My Favorite Quote

"If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?"
-- Albert Einstein

Return to “Technical Help”