Linux Headless Server - Game Saves

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Vacadeluna
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Linux Headless Server - Game Saves

Post by Vacadeluna »

I have found other topics about this, but I have not been able to resolve my issue. I have added the gamesave to the saves directory on my linux machine, and when I start my custom service for it, it loads everything fine, and even says its "1.797 Loading map /home/factorio/factorio/saves/New Reacher and Vacadeluna.zip: 12644086 bytes.", and this is the correct game save. I have even tried shotening the name and all and it just will not work.

So the issue is, even though it says its loading my world, it generates a new game when I join the server. Any help at all on this would be appreciated!!!!!

Hornwitser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Linux Headless Server - Game Saves

Post by Hornwitser »

Do you have any mods installed that could be responsible for creating a new world when you join? Is the map you download from the server the expected size? Does the playtime of the server match the playtime of the map in the server browser? Are there more than one surface in the map and you're joining on a different one than the one you previously played on (you can check this in the surface tab in /editor)?

There's not enough information to go here. What have you tried doing besides making sure the save is loaded by the server?

Return to “Technical Help”