100% efficient payment process

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Fahrradkette
Inserter
Inserter

100% efficient payment process

Post by Fahrradkette »

Is it possible to buy the game by directly sending money to Wube?

I'm talking about wire transfer, where you enter an IBAN and directly send it from your bank account to Wube's bank account without having to suffer transaction efficency loss to payment processors.

All I could see on the factorio.com/buy page was an iframe pointing to humblebumble which probably acts as an efficiency loss, too.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: 100% efficient payment process

Post by DaveMcW »

No, and that is on purpose. They were being targeted by stolen credit cards and getting hit with chargeback fees.

asheiduk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by asheiduk »

DaveMcW wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:55 pm
No, and that is on purpose. They were being targeted by stolen credit cards and getting hit with chargeback fees.
Non sequitur. The OP talks about sending money directly to Wube. Without any credit card in between. Hence no credit card fraud would be possible. Since the customer initiates the transfer there can be no chargeback also.

I also find it strange that there seems to be no effort to support SEPA transfers within the EU -- not especially from Wube but from any business.

Scotroll
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Scotroll »

Hi there. Thanks for the explanation, man. It’s really reasonable. Actually, I pay a lot of money for apps and games monthly. According to my ThePayStubs statistics, last month, I spent $245.53, including subscriptions like Youtube, Netflix, Google Drive, etc. It may seem to be big money, but actually, I use all the apps I use daily. Btw, I also pay for Adobe Apps and Creative Cloud. So, that’s it. Anyway, keep the topic updated on new changes. Thanks for the information once again. Best wishes.
Last edited by Scotroll on Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hornwitser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hornwitser »

An international wire transfer usually has a transfer fee in the € 5 range so even if you could do that it would be pretty terrible in terms of efficiency.

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

asheiduk wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:02 pm
DaveMcW wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:55 pm
Non sequitur. The OP talks about sending money directly to Wube. Without any credit card in between. Hence no credit card fraud would be possible. Since the customer initiates the transfer there can be no chargeback also.

I also find it strange that there seems to be no effort to support SEPA transfers within the EU -- not especially from Wube but from any business.
Incoming SEPA transfers usually cost money for non-physical entities such as businesses, at least in Germany.
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

asheiduk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by asheiduk »

aka13 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:33 pm
Incoming SEPA transfers usually cost money for non-physical entities such as businesses, at least in Germany.
But I don't believe that the fee is 5€ per transfer -- even for business. SEPA was introduced to reduce the international fees within the EU. The rule of thumb announced was: A SEPA transfer (even international but within the EU) shall cost no more than a national transfer. National transfers (standard transfers at least) in Germany are in either free or in the range of 0.20€.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

https://thebanks.eu/articles/SEPA-payments-explained
fees.png
fees.png (10.43 KiB) Viewed 1379 times
EMI stand for Electronic Money Institution

Return to “Technical Help”