modded - low fps/high ups multiplayer server

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Kartfel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

modded - low fps/high ups multiplayer server

Post by Kartfel »

Hi the problem is that I get very low dips of 10-5 fps on the modded multiplayer server. The problem still occurs if I lower the game speed to 0.9 or change the graphic settings. My other friends dont have this problem. In singleplayer with the same save I only get downs of 52 fps/ups.

I think its very likely (99,9%) to be the same problem as in viewtopic.php?f=49&t=113972&p=612740&hi ... ps#p612740, my pc is to slow and cant keep up with the server, so it drops in fps, but I want to quadruple confirm this. So I guess the only possible solution left, would be to further lower the game speed or upgrade my rig (Soon™)?
pics

Thanks in advance. :D
Attachments
k2 se city blocks - 55.zip
(21.97 MiB) Downloaded 10 times
factorio-current.log
(157.02 KiB) Downloaded 17 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: modded - low fps/high ups multiplayer server

Post by Loewchen »

It's indeed the standard "you cannot keep up with the host" problem. If you are down to 52 ups in single player already, then you will need to reduce the speed at least to .8 better .7 with the multiplayer overhead.
Biter pathfinding seem to be a sporadic issue, so destroying all nests in pollution range could alleviate the issue but I did not look at the save yet. You could also remove YARM and inserter fuel leech if not vital for this run.

Return to “Technical Help”