[1.1.109] Crash on save: "FlowStatistics attempted to save value larger than uint16"

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
akanash
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.109] Crash on save: "FlowStatistics attempted to save value larger than uint16"

Post by akanash »

I have a working save at 564:13:56 playtime that loads correctly.

I'm able to save normaly once the game is loaded, but after a few minutes any saves manual or automatic causes a crash (see log attached).

the issue is 100% reproducible on my side, and therefore saving is impossible, preventing me from continuing this save.
Attachments
factorio-dump-previous.dmp
(1.39 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
factorio-previous.log
(98.6 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Pyblock.zip
(13.63 MiB) Downloaded 8 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.109] Crash on save: "FlowStatistics attempted to save value larger than uint16"

Post by Loewchen »

Looks like a bit flip, is it always the exact same error including the value?

akanash
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.109] Crash on save: "FlowStatistics attempted to save value larger than uint16"

Post by akanash »

Newly generated crash log attached. Same everything.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(98.5 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

akanash
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by akanash »

I did some further testing:

- Verifying game files -> ok
- Full re-install of the mods -> same problem
- RAM test of the PC -> test ok
- Loaded my save on the steamDeck -> same problem
- changed the mod config for the save -> same problem with only the full pyanodon suite but no other mods

I think there is a good chance that this is an actual bug. Would it be possible to move this post to the bug section?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

This specific error means that the value has been corrupted some time in the past. The only other times I've seen it are when the person had bad and or failing hardware (bad RAM is most common). Unless you know of a way to reproduce this error from a fresh save file I'm 99% sure that your hardware is failing even if the memory test didn't catch it this time.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

akanash
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by akanash »

I see.

Since the save is loadable (and even re-savable for a while) is there anyway the file could be "fixed"?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

akanash wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 2:05 pm
I see.

Since the save is loadable (and even re-savable for a while) is there anyway the file could be "fixed"?
Potentially, but without fixing the reason it got into that broken state, it will most likely get broken again. It could also be broken in other ways that are not currently being caught.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Technical Help”