[1.1.87] Crash in AMD graphics driver (MR)

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.87] Crash in AMD graphics driver (MR)

Post by FuryoftheStars »

BehemothFondler wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:39 pm
Hey All,

Tldr at bottom.

So, I was having a similar problem on my computer for a while and I was getting sick of it so I decided to send AMD an email myself, and this was their response:

[...]

Based on this, it doesn't seem like they are even working on a fix or think its a fault with their drivers in the first place.
This is all just their standard/canned response. The CS agent that received your message, etc probably isn't even aware of a wider issue, and even if you mentioned it in your message with a link to this thread, they likely didn't read it, or AMD has some kind of policy in place for CS that requires them sending that canned message anyway. The only way you're really going to get them to proceed further and escalate the issue is by emailing them back and saying "nope, that didn't work". :P
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

EmileSonneveld
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by EmileSonneveld »

I got this error sometimes when I disconnect from my docking station where my secondary display is connected.
factorio-current.log in attachment
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(43.22 KiB) Downloaded 30 times

craftingk1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by craftingk1 »

I think I have the same crash [1.1.109] also running AMD I created the dump right after factorio crashed but I had to restart the game to do it as it was not in task manager anymore but do I have to create it when the error pops up and I haven't pressed anything? I also play with mods. Let me know if you need anything and as soon as i get the error again I'll create the dump. It's very weird as I can not reproduce it easily it just happens sometimes when you close or open the game? Also the dump is 3 GB so I'll create a google drive link if you need it. (First time on the forum btw)

System:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core Processor 4.50 GHz
GPU AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Installed RAM 32,0 GB (31,1 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(87.99 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

Pho-Enix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Pho-Enix »

Same crash probably.
Version 1.1.109
But it only happens when i click [ Quit game ] in main menu, never elsewhere.
Also it happens only in Factorio, i play a lot of games and no crashes. I also have monitor attached to laptop.
GPU: AMD Radeon 780M
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(17.83 KiB) Downloaded 14 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

At this point, I don't think this will ever be fixed. AMD's graphics driver appears to be broken, and they have no idea how/why it's broken, and so have no plans to fix it.

At best maybe we could detect this specific crash happening and simply not show the crashed dialog, instead exiting the game silently.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Technical Help”