Cross play question

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
BrakeDrum
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Cross play question

Post by BrakeDrum »

I can’t get a clear answer on what the switch version is cross play compatible with. Does anyone know?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Cross play question

Post by Koub »

In here, it is said that :
Multiplayer will be available, including playing cross-platform. Nintendo Switch Online is required for online play, but not required for LAN games.
Does it answer your question ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

You can look up the current switch version here: https://steamdb.info/app/427520/depots/.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

BrakeDrum wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 5:17 pm
I can’t get a clear answer on what the switch version is cross play compatible with. Does anyone know?
Everything that Factorio is sold and playable on, provided the version number of Factorio is the same.

(Edit: Added "number" for "version number", as was pointed out by Tertius below.)
Last edited by FuryoftheStars on Sun May 28, 2023 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tertius »

The version number, to be exact. Not every version that's pushed out for desktop PCs is also published for the Switch as far as I know, so you need to make sure your desktop users start the same version that's currently running on your Switch. Steam users can explicitly choose what version to install and run, so it's not that difficult for them - just one or two clicks. If you run a standalone version, it's more work to manually select, download and install a specific version.

Return to “Technical Help”