Factorio account problem

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
napstrike
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Factorio account problem

Post by napstrike »

Hello there. In the past, I don't know why, but I have set up two different factorio accounts. One is named napstrike, the other one is for some reason named after my real name and surname. I think the napstrike account was set-up to try the demo, and when I actually bought the game I forgot about its existence and just created a second account (the "NameSurname" one) and linked my steam to that one.
Today, I tried to play multiplayer and realized that my ingame name was literally my name and surname, a huge security risk, so I tried to change it to my usual alias "napstrike". There was no name change option in the games options menu, so, I logged in to my account and tried changing the account name to napstrike. It, of course, didn't work because that name was taken (by me, in the past). So I logged in to the napstrike's account(thankfully it had the same password) hoping to find an option to delete it. There was none.

Now, I can unlink my steam account from the "NameSurname" account, and link it back in the "napstrike" account, but then the emails would be a problem. See, the "NameSurname" account uses my legitimate e-mail that I always check, and the "napstrike" account uses my secondary e-mail that I use with potential spammy websites (and I never ever check that). What the hell am I supposed to do now?

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Factorio account problem

Post by Bilka »

How about changing the email on the "napstrike" account? If that does not work, email support and they will sort you out.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Technical Help”