Cannot Play Properly

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
something13
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Cannot Play Properly

Post by something13 »

Attached is image the window i CANNOT open (image taken from some youtuber)

Not sure why, but i cannot play game properly as i cannot open the window of items that are placed. This includes things like storage chests for sorting, or general use, Furnaces to swap out wood for coal for fuel, or change filter settings and such.

Also, another issue i have is placing stuff. I cannot just click, and place items. i have to click & hold, then move the mouse. its REALLY weird. Please help as i've been trying to get back into the game and start a new factory with all the updates

**things to note
I have NO MODS, i've uninstalled all mods. i run the 0.16.51 Stable update. I use to have mods, but i turned off, and uninstalled as i was trouble shooting. I have uninstalled, and re-installed. I ran this on 4 different machines. Not working, i have no clue why... also, i have played this game through a few times. so i'm not new... but i'm not sure if there was a general UI update, or new hotkeys perhaps?

Please help, thanks in advance.
Attachments
2018-09-24 15_18_04-Factorio Beginner's Guide - 1. Getting Started! - Let's Play Factorio Gameplay -.png
2018-09-24 15_18_04-Factorio Beginner's Guide - 1. Getting Started! - Let's Play Factorio Gameplay -.png (80.15 KiB) Viewed 975 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Cannot Play Properly

Post by Loewchen »

Start by resetting your key bindings.

something13
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Cannot Play Properly

Post by something13 »

@Loewchen

wow.. .ya... that fixed it.. i never thought of doing that as i never changed any of the keybindings.

thanks. finally can play.

thanks!

Return to “Technical Help”