Confusing lag in multiplayer wifi and LAN

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
IRISHgamerKAIN
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Confusing lag in multiplayer wifi and LAN

Post by IRISHgamerKAIN »

Alright, this is my first time posting in a technical forum like this but I am really confused and having a hard time troubleshooting this lag.

So for reference, my friend is using a newer gaming desktop and I am using an older (cost me $3.6k 4 years ago) laptop. Now the game runs just fine for both of us in single player, runs fine when we play multiplayer online from our homes. And I basically runs fine for him always. But when I bring my laptop over to his place to play I get unbelievable lag, delayed input response, and constant "Server connection error" messages every 15-30 seconds. Now at first we thought it was his wifi (it's gotten choppy since Net Neutrality died) so I bought a 3 gig Ethernet cable so we could bypass the wifi and do a LAN game. But that's changed nothing at all.

This all just doesn't make any sense to me. Why does the game run fine for both of us when we are at home but like junk for me when I go to his house, regardless if it's wifi multiplayer or LAN with a Ethernet cable? Sorry I don't have a log for you, I'm not on my computer right now.

Please someone help me!!

Super_Chicken
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Confusing lag in multiplayer wifi and LAN

Post by Super_Chicken »

Just spit balling here but when you both LAN into the router do you turn off your Wifi card on your laptops.

I have run across older laptops that prioritize wireless over LAN but have not seen it in a while. I am thinking it could be an issue with too much information running over his Wifi

Return to “Technical Help”