Can't Update

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
DJProcks
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Can't Update

Post by DJProcks »

I don't have the Steam version but I have the game and I can play the game fine as is but when it asks to update and I try to update, it gets to about 30% and then sits there for about 20 mins. and finally says it couldn't update. I have tried to update at least 10 times now.

If someone could please help it would be GREATLY appreciated.

twepy
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Can't Update

Post by twepy »

Personally i would start with removing Factorio and do a fresh install.

If i remember correctly the update is saved in: %AppData%\Factorio\temp. Check that there is nothing weird with that location.

DJProcks
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DJProcks »

Thank You a lot that fixed it and I updated like 3 times because it was so old. Now it runs perfectly fine.
Thank You again.

IIPoliII
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by IIPoliII »

DJProcks wrote:I don't have the Steam version but I have the game and I can play the game fine as is but when it asks to update and I try to update, it gets to about 30% and then sits there for about 20 mins. and finally says it couldn't update. I have tried to update at least 10 times now.

If someone could please help it would be GREATLY appreciated.
Next time you can try to uninstall factorio ( it will not suppress saves) and download and reinstall it via https://www.factorio.com/download/experimental

Poli :D :) ;) :o :evil: :evil: :arrow: :x :idea: :idea: 8-) 8-)

Return to “Technical Help”