[Experimental 0.14.5] Loading save game failed : too large

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
zockerjonny
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Experimental 0.14.5] Loading save game failed : too large

Post by zockerjonny »

After several hours of gameplay my game decided to autosave,while saving the game crashed ,
after reopening Factorio and trying to load the save game the Launcher sayed following :
"Opening zip
C:/Users/Kinder/AppData/Roaming/Factorio/saves/_autosave1.tmp.zip failed: Result too large"
The only thing i did while this save and the last save was placing some greenhouses for a stable wood occurence

Broken Savegame
Mod list :
Air filtering
Base Mod
Belt sorter
Bobs adjustable Inserters
Bobs Assembling machines
Bobs Config mod
Bobs Electronics
Bobs Functions Library
Bobs Greenhouse
Bobs Locale Translations
Bobs Logistics
Bobs Metals Chemicas and intermediate
Bobs Mining
Bobs Modules
Bobs Ores
Bobs Power
Bobs Revamp
Bobs Tech
Bobs Warfare
Clock
EvoGUI
Flare Stack
Loader Furnace
Mining Tools
Railtanker
RSO (Recourse Spawner Overhaul)
Skip first hour
The Fat Controller
Yet Another Fesource Monitor Fork
Yuoki Industries - Railways

If something is missing please tell me
(If my english is to bad i'm sorry, i'm german)
Attachments
factorio-current.log
The Log-Data
(5.71 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
Last edited by zockerjonny on Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Experimental 0.14.5] Loading save game failed : too large

Post by Bilka »

You might want to attach the save using dropbox or something similiar :)
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

zockerjonny
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zockerjonny »

Bilka wrote:You might want to attach the save using dropbox or something similiar :)
Done ^^

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

Please upload the mods too

zockerjonny
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zockerjonny »

Smarty wrote:Please upload the mods too
Every mod is now linked ^^

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Chances are because the save is already corrupt. (this is basically what happens in games when you "shutdown" while the save icon is blinking on your screen with the big warning message to not shut off till finished)

It would be more worthwhile to have logs and save and steps to reproduce from before the crash.

In the meantime your previous auto saves should still be available.

zockerjonny
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zockerjonny »

The "Save" now works, but now because i fixed it somehow but i reloaded an older save and did the nearly exact same things , this time the Autosave really did its job , but i still would like to know why the game crashed while auto saving, would be great if someone can tell me

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

When reading you log, no crash was recorded, it's surely because the application hang instead of crashing. If you close the game using windows button when it ask you so, nothing is recorded into log.

Application hang can have multiple reason, either on factorio side than on your side. For example, if you use any overlay (overwolf, showing pc information, etc) and the overlay don't work correctly, they can make the application hang. Without any more information I can't tell why it happen.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bushdoctor »

-Edit-
(ignore)
Last edited by Bushdoctor on Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

zockerjonny
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zockerjonny »

Neemys wrote:When reading you log, no crash was recorded, it's surely because the application hang instead of crashing. If you close the game using windows button when it ask you so, nothing is recorded into log.
Well nothing hang, it closed as soon as the loading bar reached the end (Autosave), the only App. with an overlay that was open was Steam, also i'm playing in windowed mode so i don't have to press the windows button or close the game to get to my music.

I had an issue with Source games. The just closed but i know there issue, steam status switched to offline, but in Factorio i'm always online

I hope this english grammar isn't to bad

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

If it just close without any error, something close it. If the closing was during autosave that's the reason you have a corrupted save. As nothing error related was in the log, if it is an isolated unexpected close, you have nothing to do, if it happen again :

- It could be factorio related, but as I haven't see such behavior reported on forum I highly doubt it. I don't completly discard it because there migth be something unique on your pc that could lead factorio to behave in such manner.
- More likely it's something on your pc, either a normal program or a virus/malware. First thing to do is to clean. Then if it happen again, trying to find the culprit.
- If steam was asked to close while any game is running (either by you or something else) it will force close the game. In the same manner, if you are using steam family sharing and a game not owned by you is running on your pc and the owner launch it on his pc while you are playing, you have 5 minutes to save and close the game before steam force close the game.

Concerning factorio, you can play it either online or offline.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Return to “Technical Help”