Bought the game on Steam and want to run a headless server.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
lrolofson
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Bought the game on Steam and want to run a headless server.

Post by lrolofson »

The server runs fine, aside from some hiccups, but I'd really like to run a small server for my friends on my server box *without* Steam. Is there a way to get a copy of the game without the steam DRM so I can run a truly headless server?

Additionally, the way it's set up right now, I have to have Steam installed and be logged in to start Factorio and run the server, but when I log in from another machine Steam makes me log in again. It's annoying. Also as far as I can tell it's impossible to run a headless server and start another instance of Factorio with Steam running.

Feel free to call me an idiot and tell me I should have known what I was getting into when I bought from Steam, but please include some suggestions with your insults.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bought the game on Steam and want to run a headless server.

Post by DaveMcW »

The linux headless server is completely free, download it here: http://www.factorio.com/download-headless/stable

lrolofson
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bought the game on Steam and want to run a headless server.

Post by lrolofson »

Oh sweet, thanks! This community is awesome.

edit: Oh no, I'm getting a 503. I'll try again later. Spoke too soon.

Return to “Technical Help”