How to Configure Objects?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
zakman97
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

How to Configure Objects?

Post by zakman97 »

Ok i wanting to know how/where the config file is for each item in the game?
so i can config certain objects... to be eather,produce less pollution,cost less,cost more,produce more pollution...

I was trying to find stuff on this, but can't find anything related to the subject?
My main reason i want to know, is because electrical furnaces.. and electrical objects... produce pollution... witch i want to lower for those objects...

And to raise cost of some objects like solar panel costs...

zakman97
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: How to Configure Objects?

Post by zakman97 »

So is there a way? Or No? Because i can't find anything... and its been like almost 6 hours... i think?

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

zakman97 wrote:So is there a way? Or No? Because i can't find anything... and its been like almost 6 hours... i think?
Chill bro.
The game files are located in your Factorio installation directory, under the data\base folder... but if you want to make changes to the game, you do NOT want to edit these files, as doing so will break auto-updating horribly, and cause you to lose your edits if you manually update. What you want to do is make a mod that has your changes -- or even pick an existing mod and modify it to suit your needs.

zakman97
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by zakman97 »

So im screwed... since... i can't mod...

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Anyone can mod :). What prevents you from modding ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Technical Help”