[0.12.29][Steam][Linux] Crash when connecting to multiplayer

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
jessk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.12.29][Steam][Linux] Crash when connecting to multiplayer

Post by jessk »

Every time I connect to someone else's multiplayer game, or when someone tries to connect to my multiplayer game, the map downloads and then Factorio crashes (completely closes). The log says it's an error writing to file. Have tested with multiple newly generated worlds, and with steam in offline and online mode, tried deleting the .factorio folder on both computers, tried re-downloading the game on steam, and other players are able to connect to the game that I can't connect to.
Attachments
factorio-current-error.log
(6.55 KiB) Downloaded 90 times

runningman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.12.29][Steam][Linux] Crash when connecting to multiplayer

Post by runningman »

Hi,

I am running a MP headless server, version 0.12.29, with the hardcorio mod version 2.2.212. There is an issue with connecting players (probably wrong mod) to the server, it crashes and corrupts the autosave file. players using the hardcorio mod can join without problems though.

Runningman

jessk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jessk »

Bump -- my multiplayer is still broken.

I think runningman is describing a different issue; I have no mods and not running a headless server.

Is there any way I can get a non-steam copy of the game to try running that? I'd really like to be able to play multiplayer again.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved the topic to technical help - sorry I missed it in Multiplayer the first time.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Technical Help”