Hotkey for train gui and keyboard layout changes

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
BobbyTables
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Hotkey for train gui and keyboard layout changes

Post by BobbyTables »

It does feel wrong to post in an empty bug forum and my bug is basically answered by Rseding91 with "I don't consider this a real problem. Don't change the layout after starting the game." viewtopic.php?p=245431#p245431

I'm using a layout that changes many keys, so that O (trains), L (logistics) and P (production) are not on the normal qwerty positions. They are working fine as hotkeys and I can use these keys to name tags on the map.
Now I accidently changed my layout to qwertz (german version of qwerty) and directly switched back.
After that the three keys still work fine as hotkeys. But when I try to create a tag on the map I can only use L and P. When I press O (the key where the O would be on qwerty) the tag window closes and the train gui opens (so the hotkey isn't blocked).

The behavior seems to be resettable by Alt+Tab out of and back into the game. After that I can use O again for tag-names.

So it's an edge case of a (probably) rarely used feature and I found a solution myself. I only write this, because the three letters are behaving differently.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Hotkey for train gui and keyboard layout changes

Post by kovarex »

I'm sorry, but I will move this to minor issues. This is most probably some linux specific weird thing, that is very specific to your setup.

BobbyTables
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Hotkey for train gui and keyboard layout changes

Post by BobbyTables »

I'm fine with that.
But I'm using Windows 10. The linked thread uses linux and I did not make that difference clear. Sorry.

Return to “Minor issues”