[1.1.6] Check signal icon is blurry on combinators

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
Till223
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.6] Check signal icon is blurry on combinators

Post by Till223 »

The check signal is blurry and looks like it's displayed two times overlapping each other at certain zoom levels. It makes my head hurt when I look at it.

Reproduce:
Place a constant combinator and select check signal. Zoom in as close as possible, zoom out twice.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.6] Check signal icon is blurry on combinators

Post by Rseding91 »

Looking at the PNG file the checkmark isn't blurry so what ever is happening is most likely related to trilinear filtering and scaling.

I don't know if there's anything to do about it except "leave it as is" or "make a new checkmark with less room for filtering to blur it".

That is; unless I'm completely wrong with my analysis.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

After talking with one of the graphics guys he decided that we're going to just leave this as is. It's most likely related to linear filtering and or the fact the check mark is a sharp diagonal line which ends up having these kinds of issues.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Rseding91 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:35 pm
After talking with one of the graphics guys he decided that we're going to just leave this as is. It's most likely related to linear filtering and or the fact the check mark is a sharp diagonal line which ends up having these kinds of issues.
you could do a curvy line like a handwritten check mark.

Return to “Minor issues”