[0.17.66] if minable = {mining_time = <1}, it takes an extra tick

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.17.66] if minable = {mining_time = <1}, it takes an extra tick

Post by Jon8RFC »

Two other bug reports got me to test this out. Using the researched steel axe...

Unless it's the silo, which is = 1, all other entities take 60*x+1, rather than just 60*x.

I found this parameter in entities.lua (thanks for making stuff easy for people like me), and it correlated to my test:
https://youtu.be/zV5YxDvaiuQ

I didn't test without the steel axe.
Last edited by Jon8RFC on Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.66] if minable = {mining_time = <1}, it's that many ticks plus one

Post by Twinsen »

Does it really affect anything relevant? The bar shows the correct progress. It just takes an extra tick for the entity to disappear.

I highly doubt it's an issue worth looking into.

Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.66] if minable = {mining_time = <1}, it's that many ticks plus one

Post by Jon8RFC »

Well it's not just that it "doesn't disappear" and is a visual bug, it actually requires that extra tick before it's put into the inventory, unless it's the silo.

This report had me trying things in slow-motion, at which point I noticed that it took more ticks than I would've expected, given the progress bar.

It then had me thinking more about this report and how they said that it isn't immediate, but happens over time.

I guess it's a pretty unintelligent thought process of mine, which I now feel, but wanted to attempt to defend it so I don't look as stupid as I feel. I couldn't help but wonder if something was somehow being residual on the back end of things in 73458 since it was only over time of many pole placings/removals that the pole removal crash occurred. Just trying to offer a new thought and another pair of eyes.

Return to “Minor issues”