[0.17.54-2] Update planner actions continue after deconstruction planner

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
SkiCarver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17.54-2] Update planner actions continue after deconstruction planner

Post by SkiCarver »

Just noticed that items that are set to upgrade, continue to be upgraded after a deconstruction planner is applied. In the image below, you can see the upgrade circle remains even though the deconstruction cross is also on the item. There are a few inserters in the image that have been upgraded leaving a new inserter without the deconstruction cross on it.
updatebug.png
updatebug.png (4.57 MiB) Viewed 1958 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.54-2] Update planner actions continue after deconstruction planner

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. I could change this so it cancels the upgrade when they're marked for deconstruction but I don't really have a good reason to do that. I also don't have a good reason to leave it as is so... I guess I'll just wait until someone argues for or against changing it.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

BattleFluffy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BattleFluffy »

I would personally vote to change it, as it's hard to see what possible use case there could be for upgrading entities only to deconstruct them.

However there's a pretty obvious use case for the opposite way round, where the player starts an upgrade but then realises the upgrade won't be sufficient for their needs, and decides to instead deconstruct everything and replace it with a different design. In that case, they are left with a bunch of erroneous upgrade orders once they've marked everything for deconstruction.

Surely the most natural and helpful behaviour is to cancel these upgrade orders when the deconstruction planner is used.

Just my 2c, it's not like I have a strong opinion about this either way. :>

SkiCarver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SkiCarver »

Rseding91 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:38 am
Thanks for the report. I could change this so it cancels the upgrade when they're marked for deconstruction but I don't really have a good reason to do that. I also don't have a good reason to leave it as is so... I guess I'll just wait until someone argues for or against changing it.
just to be clear, this means that if you deconstruct an area and then want to place a new blueprint, you will need to wait until all the upgrades have been completed so you can deconstruct again before you are able to place the new blueprint as the upgrades get in the way of the placement.
I havent tried this again where I place the new blueprint before any of the replacements happen, but I expect the upgraded items will corrupt the functionality of the new blueprint.

Nefrums
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nefrums »

I agree that deconstruction should apply to the upgraded entities, making the upgrade unesesary.

While fixing this could you also fix that bluepriting copies the upgraded entities? Really annoing when you copy a build without noticeing that one random item has not been upgraded yet.

linux_zealot
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by linux_zealot »

I agree with Nefrums that upgraded entities should remain marked for deconstruction for the reason well described by BattleFluffy.

I would like add that in my opinion deconstruction planner should not cancel upgrading, instead both marks should remain. The reason for this is that sometimes I erroneously mark some entities with deconstruction and then I use shift to remove deconstruction marks. It would be unfortunate if this would cancel upgrading.

Return to “Minor issues”