[0.17.43] Korean IME needs minor fix

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
kuhave
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.43] Korean IME needs minor fix

Post by kuhave »

In 0.17.43, Korean IME is well-fixed, but there is still ont thing to fix.

If the last character I am typing is Hangul, pressing the Enter key to input does not actually become an input, but is used as a key to end input for that one character.

Therefore, the Korean user has to input the Enter key twice for every input action, such as chatting, or entering a stop name when the last character is Hangul.

I think this is happening because the IME is not fully integrated. The white text box shown during input is a typical phenomenon seen in programs where IME is not well integrated (a white text box also appeared in version 0.16.51).

It would be better if the white text box is not visible and the Korean words in combination are fully integrated with the Factorio UI. However, if it is difficult to do so, I would like to be able to finish typing at the Enter key as in 0.16.51.

I know that it is difficult to create a game considering the input method of other countries, and I am always thankful.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.43] Korean IME needs minor fix

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.

I noticed the difference between 0.16 and 0.17 and I thought the 0.17 behavior is how it should work, so thank you for explaining it.
I'll try to look into whether it can be made to work that way for Korean IME, but no promisses. I think it would be cool if we had full IME integration eventually, but that is too large of a project for now.

Return to “Minor issues”