[0.17.8] Belt immunity equipment draining charge even when Power armor is not worn

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Solakug
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.8] Belt immunity equipment draining charge even when Power armor is not worn

Post by Solakug »

Hi,

I just realised why all my power armors seemed to be at 0 charge when not being worn after a bit.
The belt immunity equipment is draining its 100kw constantly.
I tested with two sets of power armors, one with and one without belt immunity, charged fully and left in inventory for a bit. After a bit, the one with it had 0 charge, and the other was still full.

So this post is basically one of two, depending on your choise, devs.

Either this is a bug report, or a suggestion to have power generating items work when the armor is not worn :)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.8] Belt immunity equipment draining charge even when Power armor is not worn

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report.

This is a side effect of how armor grids work and has no simple solution that won't have performance impacts. So, I'm leaving it as it is now.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17.8] Belt immunity equipment draining charge even when Power armor is not worn

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Why don't solar panels and shields function? What is going on that this would occur?
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Festmester
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Festmester »

I think this comes back to the fact that belt immunity equipment has a constant usage of 100kW, which to me doesn't make much sense for the following reasons:

- It's the only piece of wearable equipment that drains power all the time
- 100kW is quite a lot of power for a relatively small gain (I consider this a QoL piece). The fusion reactor is 750kW, and using 100kW of that at any and all times to be belt immune is actually quite a lot.
- Its constant power drain apparently causes armors to run out of power while not even logged in.

Solution?

You could possibly add a check that makes it only drain power while the player is actually being belt immune (standing on a belt), bringing it in line with every other piece of equipment. Then 100kW or higher could make sense, if it only drains when it's actually in use.

It's similar to how the nightvision only drains power at night, the exoskeleton only drains while running, etc.

BattleFluffy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BattleFluffy »

Is this really resolved? What was changed to resolve it? :>

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”