[kovarex] [0.17.4] Train visualization is off after curves

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
Teraka
Inserter
Inserter

[kovarex] [0.17.4] Train visualization is off after curves

Post by Teraka »

The train visualization in this screenshot indicates that only a 1-length train will fit behind the signal on the bottom rail, but as you can see in the screenshot, a 2-length train does fit without tripping the previous signal (bottom left).

The train has reached that position by stopping at the signal in automatic mode, so the placement is correct and not just a result of placing it by hand.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [0.17.4] Train visualization is off after curves

Post by kovarex »

Well, the stopping is not 100% precise, and the visualisation has some little reserve.

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gergely »

A very similar bug happens with train stops. Can I rely on the train always clearing the previous block?

In this case a 5 length train can fit in the station, but the visualization only shows 4.
WithTrainStops.png
WithTrainStops.png (951.96 KiB) Viewed 497 times

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Gergely wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:21 pm
A very similar bug happens with train stops. Can I rely on the train always clearing the previous block?

In this case a 5 length train can fit in the station, but the visualization only shows 4.
You may want to give this a read: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=89185
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Minor issues”