[0.17.0] Available Mods Last Updated Sort Order Issue

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
dwfreed
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.0] Available Mods Last Updated Sort Order Issue

Post by dwfreed »

When looking at the list of available mods and sorting by last updated, the first mod in ascending order (or last mod is descending order) shows as having been updated 4 days ago. Checking the mod portal also shows last update as having been 4 days ago. It doesn't matter how much I refresh the list or use other columns for sorting, going back to last updated sort puts it first (or last) in the list. I've attached screenshots, the log, and the mod portal API response I get when I query it myself. The only quirk I noticed in the API response is that this is the only mod in the list that has factorio_version set to 0.16, and all the rest are set to 0.17.
Attachments
api-response.json
(23.52 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
factorio-current.log
(16.14 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 13.28.25.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 13.28.25.png (803.19 KiB) Viewed 1113 times
Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 13.28.19.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 13.28.19.png (729.11 KiB) Viewed 1113 times
Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 13.28.06.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 13.28.06.png (353.96 KiB) Viewed 1113 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.0] Available Mods Last Updated Sort Order Issue

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report.

This is a known problem that I don't currently have a solution for. If a mod author updates their mod with an older game version (say a new 0.16 version) it changes the last updated time but the version you're using (0.17) can't install that version messing with the sort order.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

dwfreed
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.0] Available Mods Last Updated Sort Order Issue

Post by dwfreed »

I can think of a way to fix this, which would be done on the mod portal side of things. You may have already thought of this and tossed it out for one reason or another, but I'll explain it anyway. The latest_release object for each mod should match whatever version restriction is provided, but it currently is just the most recent release of the mod, even if that's for a different Factorio version. It seems like you're just filtering the mod list for mods that have had a release with the specified version, and then going back and fetching the data to populate the objects, but leaving off the version restriction in the data fetch.

The behavior of the sort in the in-game mod GUI seems to combine both the Factorio version of the release as well as the release's timestamp. If the Factorio release is removed from the sort, then it would at least provide a visually correct sort, regardless of whether the above suggestion is implemented.

Return to “Minor issues”