[0.14.16] achievements unlocked with mods

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
spacehare
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.14.16] achievements unlocked with mods

Post by spacehare »

Was playing in 0.14.14 with a large amount of mods for a large amount of hours and understood achievements were blocked. Updated to 0.14.16 and disabled every mod (except for base mod) and it granted me all the achievements from the 0.14.14 modded save instantly.

The achievements i gained that were supposed to be locked due to mods.

ImageImage
ImageImage
My mod list.

not really a huge issue but kind of an easy way to cheat. i could use the "skip first hour mod" to get the 8 hour speedrun achievement for example. thanks for reading :D

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.14.16] achievements unlocked with mods

Post by Rseding91 »

Yeah you've been able to do this since the beginning. There's no point in us trying to "fix" it because there are a plethora of ways to "beat" the system. It's like trying to fight piracy. Someone *will* always find a way around it.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

spacehare
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by spacehare »

oh ok. i was just suprised it gave me a bunch of achievements i wasnt expecting lol. thanks for the reply & the info tho

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Would it be better if once the achievements have been locked, they are locked forever for that particular save, so even if the player disable all mods later, he won't get the achievements from that save?

Because mod disabling is a built-in feature, it is a bit strange if such feature conflicts with the achievements, which is another built-in feature. :mrgreen:

Matthias_Wlkp
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Matthias_Wlkp »

I just got a bunch of achievements after playing with mods. Actually I wanted to turn them off to actually play vanilla to get them... I didn't even had to reload a save - as soon as I turned off the mods, Factorio and Steam "synchronized" - all achievements that I got before turning off the mods, got awarded by Steam.

I know that this is, by far, not a priority, but maybe you can make mods disable in-game achievements the same way as using the console does.

This is on 0.14.20 BTW.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

This feels like a bug to me, also. While it is true there are many ways to beat the system, this is a way to do so accidentially and irrevocably (AFAIK).

Whatever happened to the system where mod achievements were tracked seperately?

tzwaan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by tzwaan »

While it is true there are many ways to beat the system, this is a way to do so accidentially and irrevocably (AFAIK).
You can't undo the logging to steam, but if you want to legitimately achieve the achievements just to see if you can, you can delete the achievements.dat file in your factorio appdata folder, so the ingame achievements will be gone.

Return to “Minor issues”