[0.14.4]Vehicle shields not inheriting vehicle resists

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
DRT99
Inserter
Inserter

[0.14.4]Vehicle shields not inheriting vehicle resists

Post by DRT99 »

Assuming this is a bug, as from what i recall power armor shields were recently made to inherit the armor's resist values.

As topic states: vehicles equipped with shield equipment don't have resist values applied to their shields.
Reproduction: Take tank, drive through forest. Take less than 1 damage. Equip one shield mk1 and drive through forest again. Shield drained incredibly fast.

Don't know if it would make difference or not but i'll leave it here just to be thorough, was using the electric tank from the electric vehicles mod at the time

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.14.4]Vehicle shields not inheriting vehicle resists

Post by kovarex »

Fix of this wouldn't be hard, but I have to think about the gameplay/balancing implications. Does it really make sense? I don't know

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

IMHO unless you give us some way of automating biter eradication, we should at least have some endgame means of steamrolling over them in a tank decked out with shields, laser and discharge defences with basically no risk.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adil »

Maybe shields should have their own set of resistances that apply while they're on.
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...
I also update mods, some of them even work.
Recently I did a mod tutorial.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Adil wrote:Maybe shields should have their own set of resistances that apply while they're on.
That would be the logical solution imo, that way you can tweak it if necessary for balance reasons without affecting the non shielded thing.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

+ to shields having their own resistances.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

DRT99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DRT99 »

kovarex wrote:Fix of this wouldn't be hard, but I have to think about the gameplay/balancing implications. Does it really make sense? I don't know
Well if anything vehicles should definitely get the impact resists applied. Messing around in a shielded tank and over 3000 shields and half the remaining health instantly disappear if i accidentally bump into a behemoth. Meanwhile running headfirst into the same biter on foot is just about 50 damage total when it bites you. And then you can just walk around it instead of being stuck on it.

Return to “Minor issues”