[0.9.0] unfair liquid allocation in small network

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[0.9.0] unfair liquid allocation in small network

Post by sparr »

In the attached screenshot, any configuration where the two chemical plants that want sulfuric acid are connected to separate outputs of the plant above them, only one of them (the left one, in most cases) gets any liquid at all, while the other remains empty. Connecting the pipes together as shown results in the output being split.
Attachments
Screenshot 2014-02-20 23.34.28.png
Screenshot 2014-02-20 23.34.28.png (238.49 KiB) Viewed 5465 times

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.9.0] unfair liquid allocation in small network

Post by slpwnd »

I am not sure if I understand 100% correct, but I suppose it is the problem of not having a splitter for fluid. I put this into known issues as this is something we will solve but not immediately.

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BurnHard »

If you are supplying enough raw materials to the acid plant it should be able to fully support even more plants afterwards... Your acid pipes seem to be empty nevertheless. Check if the acid plant is producing properly and/or try to build a acid storage tank between acid factory and the other two. Whet at least some amount of acid is stored in pipes or storage tank (speaking of 10+ there should be no problem with uneven distribution.) Can you provide a savegame?

[edit} Ahh now i know what you mean. Yes just connect only one output with following plants or connect both outputs with each other at the moment.

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BurnHard »

slpwnd wrote:I am not sure if I understand 100% correct, but I suppose it is the problem of not having a splitter for fluid. I put this into known issues as this is something we will solve but not immediately.
If you read carefully again, he means that both outputs on the sulfuric acid plant are not outputting equally. If you eg connect one storage tank to the left output, one to the right output, both seperated and not connected with each other, the left one would get all the acid and the right one nearly none. This has nothing to do with fluid splitters but with the output distribution between the two output pipes within one chemical plant.

Return to “Minor issues”