[Rseding91] Fluid entities limited by inputs are still active even when non-fluid inputs constrained

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
enderland
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Rseding91] Fluid entities limited by inputs are still active even when non-fluid inputs constrained

Post by enderland »

My understanding from the technical factorio discord is entities which are input constrained by non-fluids are inactive. This means:

1) a sulfuric acid machine with sufficient water and sulfur (but zero iron) will be inactive.
2) a sulfuric acid machine with sufficient iron and sulfur (but no water) will be active.
3) a machine that only has fluid inputs/outputs never becomes inactive

However, when there is any fluid output at all, it seems these input constraints are no longer applying.

My testing seems to suggest if there is >0 output fluid, in all situations the entity will remain active regardless of input limitations. A sulfuric acid machine with zero inputs (but 1 sulfuric for output) appears active at all times.

Is it the case that the presence of any fluid in a machine output keeps it active, even if it's input constrained (and not because the machine is full)? Or should the machine which is input constrained by non-fluids with fluid in its output be going inactive?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Fluid entities limited by inputs are still active even when non-fluid inputs constrained

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. This is now fixed for the next 1.1. release.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

dzbanek
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Fluid entities limited by inputs are still active even when non-fluid inputs constrained

Post by dzbanek »

After upgrading to latest version:

https://gifyu.com/image/S6YJt

Any chance it's related to this one?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

dzbanek wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:52 pm
After upgrading to latest version:

https://gifyu.com/image/S6YJt

Any chance it's related to this one?
Most likely yes. I'm going to revert this change for the next 1.1. release and maybe re-visit it in 2.0. We clearly don't have any tests around this particular case with fluids.

dzbanek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dzbanek »

Is there a way to open a 1.1.93 savegame with 1.1.92 game or am I forced to wait for the new release? Noticed the bug too late, can't play.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

dzbanek wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:42 pm
Is there a way to open a 1.1.93 savegame with 1.1.92 game or am I forced to wait for the new release? Noticed the bug too late, can't play.
There is not. But the release is running right now.

Return to “Minor issues”