[1.1.87] [1.1.91] FPS issues with Nintendo Switch JoyCon Charging Grip connected

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
WildWolf
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.87] [1.1.91] FPS issues with Nintendo Switch JoyCon Charging Grip connected

Post by WildWolf »

So when having a Nintendo Switch Joy Con Charging Grip VID_057E PID_200E REV_0200 MI_00 and VID_057E PID_200E REV_0200 MI_01 the game grinds to a slow 1 fps per 5 seconds.

This is a very super edge case but can happen it is not the first game I see something weird happen with Nintendo controller HIDs and could be either smart to implement some check that if it fails to connect after say 10 retries it stops trying to connect again for that play session.

This was discovered to be this specific HID by looking at what the game was doing with x64dbg and it showing "Nintendo JoyCon (L/R)" appearing and disappearing rapidly.
Brought to you by a crappy pc...

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.87] [1.1.91] FPS issues with Nintendo Switch JoyCon Charging Grip connected

Post by Twinsen »

Seems to be happening every time when I use the Charging Grip. Since the only side effect is that the game freezes for a few seconds(3 in my case) and the log file gets spammed, I consider this a minor issue.
It's likely something weird with SDL's USB implementation that should be fixed in a future SDL update.

Return to “Minor issues”