[1.1.53] Circuit entities receive their own sent signals twice when using both wires

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[1.1.53] Circuit entities receive their own sent signals twice when using both wires

Post by sparr »

Set a train station to send train count on signal C, and enable on C<2.

The station will run just fine, until you connect a second color of wire to it. Doesn't matter where the wires go or what else they do. As soon as the station outputs C=1 on both wires it will receive C=1+1 and disable itself.

This might not be a bug, but it's really weird and not what I expected. I didn't expect them to read their own signals at all, especially not doubled, and even more so not doubled only when both wires are connected regardless of what they are connected to.

PS: This also happens with inserters, and probably with any other entity that has two wire connection points instead of four and both sends and receives signals.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.53] Circuit entities receive their own sent signals twice when using both wires

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however I don't believe we intend on changing any of this. In these cases the wires are working as intended: both wires read the whole set of signals from the entity.

With the reading and writing on the same entity you always have to make sure the signals are not colliding by setting different ones for the reading vs writing. I don't know of any plans to change how this logic works for circuit connected entities any time soon if ever.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Minor issues”