[1.1.0] Error loading save: "Transport Line Groups Are Not Consistent"

Things that has been reported already before.
UraniumAnchor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.0] Error loading save: "Transport Line Groups Are Not Consistent"

Post by UraniumAnchor »

Loaded a save from 1.0, played it for a couple of hours, saved it, tried to load it back up, and got an error: "transport line groups are not consistent".

Broken save is attached.
Attachments
Blart135-11.zip
(43.29 MiB) Downloaded 108 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [boskid][1.1.0] Error loading save: "Transport Line Groups Are Not Consistent"

Post by boskid »

Interesting. Issue is tripping on the group consistency check, but it is not the primary issue. If you add or change any mods (which makes that save file to load in prototype changed mode) my check for transport line groups consistency is skipped causing other check to fail:

Code: Select all

13.708 Error BuildCheckResult.cpp:96: Build check failed: 4, cant-build-reason.identical-entity-in-the-way(entity-name.fast-underground-belt), name=fast-underground-belt, type=underground-belt, position={1121.5000000000, -67.5000000000}, setup=true, owned-by-ghost=false, simulation=false.

UraniumAnchor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [boskid][1.1.0] Error loading save: "Transport Line Groups Are Not Consistent"

Post by UraniumAnchor »

I think this very well might be related to my other bug report: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=91702 When I noticed this happening I tried to clear them out but it's entirely possible that I missed some and now the save won't load because there's ghosts hiding under real belts.

SalamanderCmndr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SalamanderCmndr »

UraniumAnchor wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:32 am
I think this very well might be related to my other bug report: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=91702 When I noticed this happening I tried to clear them out but it's entirely possible that I missed some and now the save won't load because there's ghosts hiding under real belts.
I have both of these bugs happening to me, in this order, as well.

SalamanderCmndr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

It is definitely the underground ghost weirdness. I've made a video reproducing the bug, here: https://youtu.be/8O0O1ZNOVeU

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

SalamanderCmndr wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:42 am
It is definitely the underground ghost weirdness. I've made a video reproducing the bug, here: https://youtu.be/8O0O1ZNOVeU
Really nice to have reliable reproduction. Indeed the issue is with the ghosts:
91701-repro.gif
91701-repro.gif (1.04 MiB) Viewed 2382 times
By having fast underground belt ghosts on top of real underground belts, when belts are placed on the right, they connect to the ghosts making them not merge transport line group with a group in which underground belts are, however this is a desync state which will not survive saving and loading: after loading, belts on the right will connect to real undergrounds and here the consistency catches: undergrounds on the left belong to other group than belts on the right but they are connected so groups are not consistent.

SalamanderCmndr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Think the saves will work after the bug is fixed?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.0] Error loading save: "Transport Line Groups Are Not Consistent"

Post by kovarex »

Duplicate: 91702

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

SalamanderCmndr wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:16 am
Think the saves will work after the bug is fixed?
Yes

Return to “Duplicates”