[1.0.0] Incorrect inventory location selected after placing modules. Unable to remove modules from cursor due to filter

Things that has been reported already before.
bigolpete
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.0.0] Incorrect inventory location selected after placing modules. Unable to remove modules from cursor due to filter

Post by bigolpete »

1. Have an empty filtered inventory slot. I believe you need to be inside spidertron/vehicle initially to cause the error. More details on that at the bottom.
Error 1.png
Error 1.png (4.06 MiB) Viewed 2736 times
2. Grab modules and Ctrl+click them into a beacon or assembler. (Note the 'hand' icon changes from the module to the empty filtered express belt)
Error 2.png
Error 2.png (3.45 MiB) Viewed 2736 times
3. Attempting to clear cursor via 'q' gives the error "Cannot return item back: Only Express transport belt can be inserted into this slot. If you want to put something else here, the filter has to be cleared."
Error 3.png
Error 3.png (3.86 MiB) Viewed 2736 times
4. Once this error is announced, the 'hand' is cleared from the inventory and clearing the cursor, 'q', will work.

Additional notes:
This error only happens when filling an empty entity. Upgrading the modules on a beacon is no issue.
I was able to RESOLVE the issue by recreating the empty filter slot (locked my inventory and manually chose express belts). I was able to successfully place modules without the strange behavior after doing this on foot.
I was able to RECREATE the issue by jumping inside Spidertron and attempting steps 1-4 again.
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
First time the error happened in the wild
(6.33 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
factorio-current.log
Testing the error, resolving it, and reproducing via spidertron
(6.09 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
Last edited by bigolpete on Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tealc.
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [1.0.0] Incorrect inventory location selected after placing modules. Unable to remove modules from cursor due to fil

Post by Tealc. »

Glad to see I am not the only one.

I have resorted to doing away with filtered inventory slots for now until this is fixed. It was simply too distracting to have the message keep popping up.

Return to “Duplicates”