[0.11.16] Logistics doesn't check max space in container.

Things that has been reported already before.
ofca
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.11.16] Logistics doesn't check max space in container.

Post by ofca »

Setting request chest to request 20k of an item results in drones doing their best to deliver impossible amounts of goods, which results in DDoS :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.16] Logistics doesn't check max space in container

Post by bobingabout »

Nothing wrong with 20k, it does take time, but sometimes you want to actually fill a box with 20k of something, or more. Now, if those items do exist when you start the request, it takes a long time, with a huge swarm of robots working on it, but imagine more of a situation where you want to fill a box with copper ore, and havn't started mining the copper yet, when the mines start, the drones will take the copper as it is mined. Of course a better solution to move that copper would be to use active provider chests, but still, its a use.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

ofca
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ofca »

What box has 20k of storage? Mine reach their top at 4.8k (if stored item stacks in 100 pieces) - besides, the bug isn't about 20k, but about drones trying to store more than will ever be possible for a box, which results in kilometer-long tails of drones flying back and forth ;)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Mods. Some items in mods have really high stack counts, in some cases 20k isn't enough.

Also, when the box does get filled they stop trying to deliver items to it.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

ofca
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ofca »

Again, you're missing the point. When box is full then they do try to stop delivering things, however once the box stops being full, logistics network ignores the max box size and happily tries to deliver 20k plates into 4.8k storage chest. This is obviously easily worked around by not setting absurd amounts, however I was treating intuitively the 20k value as "max".

fregate84
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fregate84 »

agree. Logistics system should use, for blue box, the maximum(requested_quantity;size_box_available) for requested quantity and not just requested quantity.

Return to “Duplicates”