[17.68] Underground pipe randomly disconnects/stops working

Things that has been reported already before.
TheTalkingKeyboard
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[17.68] Underground pipe randomly disconnects/stops working

Post by TheTalkingKeyboard »

At the time, I primarily used Coal Liquification to solve my Oil issues, and at one point I'd noticed that I had run out of Oil. Turns out that one of the pipes that leeches from my Nuclear Reactor had randomly been disconnected. The pipe hadn't been turned or anything, but rather just disconnected itself or something. Video for reference: https://youtu.be/fIU5f4trhM4
Skip to 00:38 to get to the part of the video that matters: finding the disconnected pipe.

This also happened another time yesterday to a different pipe (transporting heavy oil), but I didn't capture it.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [17.68] Underground pipe randomly disconnects/stops working

Post by boskid »

I suspect this is Duplicate 75494

This lubricant pipe is not empty (and so it is fluid locked) and so when trying to rotate it, it will perform split of underground pipes with steam, then there will be alert "cannot mix fluids" but steam pipes will not connect back. If this is true, this is indeed duplicate

-- edit:
indeed, same reproduction
75629.gif
75629.gif (189.64 KiB) Viewed 1044 times
-- edit:
"The pipe hadn't been turned or anything" -> steam pipe was not rotated, but i guess, lubricant pipe-to-ground was and this caused this issue

-- edit:
To fix, simply rebuild or rotate/rotate-back one of affected pipe-to-grounds for steam

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

Does sound like a duplicate. Please, let me know if it still does not work in the next version.

TheTalkingKeyboard
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by TheTalkingKeyboard »

Oh, I think I'm being misunderstood. I had left the pipes for numerous hours. The two incidences in question had no interference; interaction or input from me: the pipe simply just randomly stopped moving fluids. It's not the best, but in the video I go to investigate my "low petroleum" warning, and eventually found that my Steam pipe was empty. Confused, I went over to my Reactor, which clearly had enough steam to give away, but my pipes were empty. I'd then found that one side of the pipeline had Steam in it; the other side did not.
This scenario is the same for when a Heavy Oil line (coming out of my bottom row of Oil Refineries) had randomly disconnected themselves. I found this when I'd noticed my Coal consumption was higher than expected, and had noticed that the bottom row of my Crude Oil refinery line had been disconnected.

Sorry for any possible confusion.
Unless I'm missing something here, this isn't a duplicate.

Edit: Hadn't seen your edit. Guess it should be fine now.

Return to “Duplicates”